Holy torpedo batman, this berry sour-cream crumble pie is dynamite!
If you love berries, you can’t go wrong with this tangy, sweet, and tart pie – packed with flavors and comfort.
This recipe reminds me of Grandma’s cooking – the slight chill in the air from fall arriving, and curling up on a couch with a soft chunky blanket.
I don’t know how a pie can transform you to another place, but this one does it for me.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to add to your “favorites” list, you may have just stumbled onto the right crumble.
- 9 Inch unbaked pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 packages (cups) raspberries or other types of tart berries (blackberries, blueberries)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk eggs until beaten, add sour cream and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt
- Add dry mixture to egg mixture
- Carefully fold berries into wet mixture, trying not to mash them
- Put mixture into pie shell and bake for 30 minutes
- Make topping by combining flour and brown sugar (and nuts if used)
- Add butter in small cut pieces, using your hands to incorporate into mixture, but do not over-mix butter
- At the 30 minute mark, add this topping to the pie and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Topping: Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 615Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 113mgSodium 189mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 4gSugar 54gProtein 9g
This nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although alteredrecipe.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.