This delicious white chicken chili is one of the easiest but tastiest chilies to make. We keep it in our fall/winter rotation and look forward to it every time we have it.
It is also our secret weapon for company Chili Cook-Offs. While everyone else is competing with the red style, this one is usually a stand-out from the rest type of chili, which is why I think it wins a lot.
Oh, AND because it tastes divine.
It’s simple, but sometimes those are the best types of meals/recipes.
If you want to take the chicken up a notch (I usually find the chicken is just too bland), you can spice up the chicken before you cook it with some Montreal seasonings, or whatever you have on hand and prefer to season your chicken with. Cilantro and lime would also be good here as a marinade to coat it in about 1/2 hour before-hand.
Top with tortilla chips and Pepper-jack cheese, and you’ve got yourself a cozy night in.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/12 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cans Northern beans, (16 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans, (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese (for garnish)
- 10 tortilla chips (for garnish)
- Rinse and drain beans
- In a large pot, saute the chicken, onion, and garlic powder in the oil until the chicken is no longer pink
- Add the beans, chilies, seasonings, and chicken broth
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes (or simmer on low in crock pot for a few hours)
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream, then heat through but don't allow to come to a boil
- Garnish with shredded pepper jack cheese and tortilla chips (and green onion or anything else you'd like to add)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 64mgSodium 480mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 16g
This nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although alteredrecipe.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.