Yum – these cookies are awesome – and if you’re like me and hate raisins in your oatmeal cookies, you will probably fall in love.
These oatmeal cookies are the bomb diggity.
I am not usually a big fan of oatmeal cookies – I’m usually of the mindset that it’s similar to carrot cake (which I HATE – YUK) – in as much that you’re trying to fool yourself into believing something completely unhealthy has a morsel of health inside of it.
Well, I don’t care if these are or are not healthy (spoiler alert: they are not, sadly) – but they taste great and will make mouths happy.
Sometimes, you just want a GD cookie or dessert and it isn’t gonna be good for you.
But, these do taste incredible, and right out of the oven, I’m not gonna lie, it’s one of those you just can’t stop popping an extra one in your mouth.
I found these from Linda Skeen’s Instagram account where she shares the recipe – I altered it to change the dried cherries and used chocolate chips vs. white. I also omitted the nuts in mine.
I hope you love them as much as I do (did – they’re long gone).
Note: this can make 12 large cookies or 24 small, or somewhere in between based on how big you make your initial scoop.
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 c nuts, chopped (optional) - your choice of pecans, walnuts, macadamia, whichever you like most
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy. Beat in your eggs, honey, and vanilla.
2. In another mixing bowl, mix together your oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly beat this mixture into your creamed mixture from step 1.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients. The mixture will be a bit wet. Distribute cookie mix by 1 rounded spoonful about 2 inches apart on pregreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown - to your preference of darker or softer cookies. Rest for 2 minutes then place on wire rack to cool.
You may add your favorite choice of nuts if you wish - or, if you prefer no nuts, leave them out.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 509Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 72mgSodium 410mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 4gSugar 33gProtein 8g
This nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although alteredrecipe.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.